Sunday 4 June 2017

The Greenhouse

I had a Greenhouse on my allotment, but as I wasn't down very often things in it never done well. Having one in my garden now is great, I feel like things are growing much better as I can just pop out if I need to. I think greenhouse growing might be my favourite​ of everything I do in the garden. I think because come rain or shine I can be out in it, and there's nothing better than being under the glass with just the noise of rain to keep you company.

My Greenhouse is 8x8ft, and I've definitely underestimated the size this first year with it. I've not planted anywhere near enough! It is currently housing; potatoes, peas, spinach, tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, sunflowers, lettuce and strawberries. Next year's plans need to be a lot better organised so I can fill it, all the empty space is making me sad.

Here's some of what I'm growing.


My first peas!


I don't actually like strawberries (or any kind of berries for that matter), but my husband and daughter will hopefully approve.


Cucumbers, tomatoes and peppers which I need to put in their final resting place, although I've run out of grow bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greenhouse Mascot

The greenhouse was really starting to collect a lot of junk, so today I gave it a good clear out. And just as I was finishing I saw somethin...